Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Little Update

I have a lot of news to share with those of you out there. I think it's best to end with the good news, so let's start with the bad news. 

Maybe I shouldn't call it "bad news." I know God is a Redeemer and we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28). As I've seen with many struggles over the past year, my life has been nothing but enriched from a spiritual perspective. I'm not saying it's easy...quite the opposite actually. I've had my fair share of tears, stress, etc, etc. However, I trying my best to learn daily that when "bad" things happen & things feel completely out of my control, God still has control. Things may not turn out how I would have planned them, but I've decided to take God at His word. He knows much better than I do. And He has the power to redeem situations that are the result of fallen humanity.

With all that said, here is what is going on. We moved this past weekend. Everything went great. We were so excited to be closing one chapter in our life and opening a new one. This new chapter seemed to be paved with rest. Rest from the past year of craziness. We were supposed to be closing on our house tomorrow. To make a long story very short, I got a call from our realtor yesterday that the people that were buying our house backed out. What a shock! When we originally put our house on the market, we received 4 offers. The people we went with wanted our house so badly that they offered us over our asking price. So now, hear were are, already moved out, and having to start over at square one. Our, now vacant,  house goes back on the market on Monday. 

Please pray that we get buyers quickly and can close quickly. We would love to be able to enjoy the summer and not have to deal with any house drama. 

Now for the good news. We moved into the apartment, and, so far, are loving it. It's definitely small, but that means less cleaning! Hooray! Ellie said it best, "This apartment is so fun...even though it's really puny." I love that kid. I've just been pretending I'm at a beach condo and can't wait to be at the pool all summer. Our plan is to be here until we are out of debt. We are kickin' it Dave Ramsey style. 

Also, we found great loving homes for both our cats. I pray the cats will adjust quickly and the new families will enjoy them as much as we have. 

And last, but certainly not least...I have raised ALL my money for the Africa trip!! I can't believe it! Thanks to each and every one of you who prayed and donated. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh Mindy, I'm so sorry about your house. :( Good for you kickin' it Dave Ramsey style, I'm so proud of you guys.

    And thats AWESOME that you raised all of your Africa money! Praise God!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. Aren't we just the blogging queen's today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't despair. You're doing what is best for your family and honoring God's vision for us by not being "slave to the lender". I have no doubt that someone will buy your house in the very near future and all will go smoothly. Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on raising the money needed for your Africa trip! As far as the house goes... it will sell (and close!) when the time is right. Like you say, we can be thankful God is in control! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete