Thursday, April 2, 2009

Amazing!!

God is truly amazing!!

Yesterday I received more than enough money to cover the amount that was due today for my Africa trip! In fact, I only have $550 more to raise. I can't believe it!

I sent a fex ex package to Visiting Orphans with much more money than I had anticipated sending. God is so good and truly does do miracles!

If you'd like to make a donation to help with the $550 left to raise, you can use the Chip In link on the right side of the blog to do so or mail your donation to me at:

Mindy Spradlin
204 Cavalcade Circle
Franklin, TN 37069
*You can make your check out to Visiting Orphans.

Update on the happenings in my life:
Many of you know we are selling our house in order to get out of debt. After looking at SEVERAL rental houses, townhomes, etc, I think we have settled on moving into an apartment. I was SUPER opposed to this at first, my mindset has definitely changed. We are wanting to rent something as inexpensive as we can. Our goal was to stay under $1,000, not be in a sketchy area, stay in Franklin if possible, be in a good school district, and have at least 1000 square feet. Most of the rental homes we looked at under $1,000 did not fit at least one of those criteria.

Long story short, I really like the Alara Farms Apartments in Cool Springs. We are going to get a 1,200 square foot, 2 bedroom, 2 bath, apartment with great pool, fabulous fitness center, WONDERFUL school, great location, for $875/month. You can really beat that!

The down side, we won't have a yard and we will probably have to get rid of our beloved cats. This is actually really sad. Not so much for me, but more for the girls. They LOVE their cats. They are basically their children. The apartment allows cats, but for 2 pets, it is a $450 non-refundable pet fee. Nathan made the comment that we just can't justify spending $450 on our cats when we are really trying to get out of debt. Plus it's an extra $15/month in rent for them. That's not really the big deal. It's mostly the up-front cost. At first, I tried to convince him we should keep the cats, but I think he is probably right. $450 is a lot of money. Anyway, we're haven't totally made a decision on this, but will in the next few days. As crazy as it sounds, we're both trying to seek the Lord on this. We want to keep the girls' lives as stable as we can, but don't want to be irresponsible with our money. I'll keep you updated.

Anyway, thank you, thank you, thank you, to those who have donated and those who have been praying. Maye you all be blessed exceedingly this week!

2 comments:

  1. Thats awesome, you'll raise the rest in NO time. :) God is good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Mindy!! This is absolutely awesome news!!The apartment sounds perfect and I'm glad you all will still be so close by to everything in Cool Springs and Franklin...and to us!
    Praises!!
    Love, Gillian

    ReplyDelete