Saturday, August 29, 2009

What is going on there...



I haven't posted for a while. Been processing much and busy with much.

I wanted to share with you the blog of Katie Davis. You can go HERE to see it. Katie is 20 year old girl from Brentwood who lives in Uganda. I had the great privilege of meeting her before I went to Africa and then we worked with her ministry while there. She is truly one of the most extraordinary people I have ever met. She is now the mom to 13 little Ugandan girls all of which I had the pleasure of meeting. She just posted a great post that shows what is truly going on on the other side of the world. As I read it last night, I sat there weeping, asking God to show me how to be involved on a continual basis. What Africa did to me was make everything I had seen and heard a reality. When I looked at the starving and orphaned children, I saw my own children in their eyes. What if that was my child lonely and hungry? Those children are every bit as real as my sweet Ellie & Libby. They are not just a face or a name. Each one is a real human being who needs to loved and fed and cared for. I’ve tried to imagine my kids out there with distended bellies, no one to treat their illnesses, worms in the bodies, and sadness in their eyes. It’s almost too much. My heart can’t bear the thought of it. I don’t even really know why I’m writing this post exactly. I guess I feel a sense of responsibility for these children. Whether or not you are involved in taking care of orphans or those whom the Bible calls “the least of these”, I challenge you to read this and pass it along to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment