Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Days 9-11 Hope At Last

I didn't write very much about our last days in Uganda because I got some sort of virus and ended up with a high fever and terrible cough. I was exhausted and pretty much fell asleep as soon as I could at the end of each day.

I do, however, want to let you know about the most incredible organization we visited during our trip. It's called New Hope Uganda. Running an children's home and ministry training center are just a few of the many things they do. The difference with New Hope Uganda is HOW they do things. There orphanage doesn't feel like an orphanage at all. It is made up of "families" each with a mother and a father. It's such a common sense way of doing things, yet it doesn't seem to be done in very many places. I can't even explain to you the hope I felt after visiting New Hope. It was a renewal of spirit I so desperately needed.

They also have a training program for adults interested in orphan ministry. People come from all over the world to attend and they only all 6 Americans per session. I've never seen anything like this. We met a few of the instructors. How I wish I could learn from them. These are people who possibly know more about orphan care than almost anyone in the world. You can watch the 2 videos below to get a little glimpse of New Hope.

Tomorrow I'll be writing about how my transition of coming back to America is going. It's been a bumpy road.




No comments:

Post a Comment