Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Are YOU one of the 77?...$39 x 77


I started my fundraising efforts on March 16th. I needed to raise $3,000. I was curious to know how much money needed to come in each day to make my goal by the due date on June 1st. From March 16th to June 1st was a total of 77 days.  I did some calculations and figured out that I needed $39 each day to make the goal of $3,000. That's it...77 people to donate $39. That seemed so doable to me!

Will you consider partnering with me? Will YOU be one of the 77?
*Scroll down to see how to donate.

In case you missed it, here are some of the specific organizations we will be working with and activities we will be doing while in Africa:

Ethiopia

Kids Kare Orphanage
AWAA Transitional Home
~Spending time with street kids
~Possibly visiting a leper colony
~Possibly working at the Mother Theresa Orphanage
~Possibly at an orphanage out in a more rural area

Uganda

New Hope Uganda
Amani Baby Cottage
Canaan Children's Home
Amazima Ministries

I feel as though God has specifically called me to care for the fatherless and more specifically to Africa. I am eagerly awaiting the opportunity to love and serve His glorious children and those who care for them. 

I ask you to consider donating $39 to fund this trip. 

Two Ways to Donate:

1. Via This Blog
This is very easy. Just click on the "Chip-In" link on the right side bar near the top. Your donation will be processed through paypal.

2. By Check
Make your check out to: Visiting Orphans
Mail to:
Mindy Spradlin
204 Cavalcade Circle
Franklin, TN 37069
*Your check will be tax-deductible.

No comments:

Post a Comment