Monday, March 23, 2009

A Great Team Meeting...and Updates!


I just got done with a great team meeting with some of the others that will be heading to Africa with me this summer. What a great group of people!  This week I hosted the meeting at my house and we had about 10 in attendance with another several joining us on the computer via Skype. There are 18 members of our team from all different ages and walks of life. How wonderful!

Amanda Lawrence from American World Adoption and her husband Simon are leading the trip. They are doing such a fabulous job managing it all. Amanda filled us in on several new details of what we will be doing in Uganda. We had been waiting for a few weeks to get these details so it was really exciting. The first part of our trip will be in Ethiopia and the second part will be in Uganda.  We will be in Uganda from June 26-July 3. Here are couple of organizations that we will be assisting while there. You can click on them to visit their websites. 


Each of these organizations looks to be doing amazing things for the people of Uganda, and I feel honored and humbled to be able to walk alongside of them and serve them in any way I can. 

Fundraising Update: I have raised $1,044 so far. That leaves $1,956 left to raise with $1,056 needing to come in by April 2nd. I humbly ask you to consider donating. I currently am running 2 fundraising campaigns. Click on the links below to see the specifics of each one.


Prayer Pray...
that our team would continue to grow and bond together.

that the Lord would provide all the necessary money that I need to fundraise.

that my relationship with the Lord would grow to a deeper intimacy unlike anything I have ever know.

that Nathan and I would sell our house quickly and easily.

that the Lord would provide the perfect place for us to live once our house sells.

that the Lord would protect Nathan as he works each day.

that I would not get overwhelmed in the midst of the current level of craziness that is abounding in our lives. 

Thank you all very much!

P.S. The picture on the blog post is of a little boy at the Amani Baby Cottage. How precious is he??





1 comment:

  1. The Little boy isn't at Amani anymore he is being adopted!

    ReplyDelete