Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Will You Join the Journey?

I want to humbly ask each of you to join in my journey to Ethiopia & Uganda. This is not something I can accomplish by myself. It is going to take God, me, and YOU. It takes many to accomplish God's will. Some are the hands, some the feet, and some the eyes. There are many different roles. Here are the ways you can join in:

1. Prayer
There are specific prayer needs that I will be posting on this blog through the next few months. I would be extremely grateful if you would join me in praying for them. When a group of 20 people join together to go across the world to a foreign land to show the love of Christ, there are bound to be numerous challenges. Satan is not going to like what is going on and is going to do everything in his power to put a stop to it.

2. Financial Support
I need to raise a total of $3,000. I'm trying to have all this money in by June 1st. However, and this is where I need my faith to really kick in, I have to have the total amount of my airfare in by April 2nd. The airfare alone cost approx. $2,100. I have raised about $400 this week so I have 2 weeks to raise the additional $1,700. I humbly ask you to consider making a donation. 

On Sunday I started a Facebook fundraising campaign that I will run on this blog as well. It is called $39 x 77.  You can see the link here. When I started the campaign, I had 77 days left to fundraise. I figured out how much money I would need to have each day to reach the goal of $3,000. The daily total is ONLY $39. That seems so doable! I need 77 people to donate $39 to cover all 77 days. You can choose to cover 1, 2, 3, or more days. Also, any donation, no matter how large or small, is greatly appreciated. Will you be one of the 77? On the Facebook page, you can see how many days are covered so far. Again, I need $1,700 by April 2nd. Please prayerfully consider partnering with me in caring for and loving on God's beloved children in Africa.

You can donate in 1 of 2 ways:

1. Donate Online by using the "Chip-In" link on the right-hand side of this blog. Your donation will be processed through paypal.

2. Donate by Mail
Send Your Check (made out to Visiting Orphans) to me at:

Mindy Spradlin
204 Cavalcade Circle
Franklin, TN 37069
*Your donation by mail is tax deductible.

Thank you in advance for all your support. Each of you, some I have never even met, are very much appreciated!

*And once again, please subscribe to this blog using the subscription box at the top right-hand side of the blog. That way you will receive an email each time I post an update.*

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am so impressed with your gorgeous blog and your marketing! Remember to fast and pray and the provision will come for sure...

    ReplyDelete